01 March 2011

3 Words

Recently I have been a part of a "renewal" of sorts. I find myself once again faced with the reality of actualized passion and am forced to decide how I will respond. Will I let the habits and patterns that have defined me during my recent history continue to shape my future or will I chose to take the proverbial "leap of faith" and tread out into new territory.

I think I'll tread.

A few days ago, during a conversation with God I strongly sensed the voice of the Holy Spirit release 3 words into my heart that must be at the forefront of this season of my life. I believe these 3 words are not only helpful to me personally as a leader, but to all leaders in general. So with that in mind, over the next few weeks I will try my best to unpack what these words mean to your everyday leadership.

Those words are: drive, consistency, and celebration.

As a leader without drive you will never go anywhere. Regardless of whether your organization is a 1976 Ford Pinto or a 2011 Zo6 Corvette, if you don't drive you don't move.

So I ask you: how is your drive?

As a leader without consistency you will never accomplish anything with staying power. Simply put, to leave a legacy full of staying power your leadership must exemplify staying power.

So I ask you: how is your consistency?

As a leader without celebration you will never fully appreciate how far you have come and how far you can go. We must make it a very high priority to celebrate EVERY win. Both big and small. A win is a win. And wins are the fuel for organizational momentum.

So I ask you: how is your celebration?

Check back regularly and let's weigh in on these 3 powerful points of leadership!

No comments:

Post a Comment